ALWAYS STRIVE FOR THE PRIMARY CALL

1. Always Strive For The Primary Call

a) I was just being reminded this 20.03.2021 morning of a man whom God called to ministry but he ventured into business many years ago.

b) One day, I received a telephone call from one of my family cell members. He said he wanted to bring a pastor to me for prayer. I was sitting on my comfort chair in my house at the moment, I was in deep thought, praying as usual. I agreed to see him.

c) So, he brought the pastor to me that morning. This pastor was doing direct selling business. The main reason the pastor came was to find relief as he was in heavy debts. He was now into business rather than God-called ministry.

d) I asked the pastor what had happened? He recounted that prior to doing business, God had mightily used him in ministry. Now he was in terrible shape, in desperation and despair. I told him I would prayed for him.

e) He stood in front of me and I used my right hand to anoint his forehead with olive oil. My family cell member was standing behind him as a body catcher.

f) Then, the pastor was fell by the Holy Spirit. Immediately he broke speaking  in tongue and was seen crying. I told him that he should be roaring like a lion in the forefront ministry as God wanted him to be.

g) Three years later, the pastor met me in a Taman where I was sending my car for repairs. I couldn't remember him but he reminded me of a meeting where I was praying for him. He was so excited. He told me that every word spoken over him came exactly to pass.

h) Then, he said that he went back to his ministry calling. Now, he had an Indian congregation of over 200 (This pastor is English speaking). He had 4 outreaches. He attended one international conference. He was so happy and he was eager to learn more of God's word. I could see a vast difference in his countenance as compared to the first day he came to see me 

i) From this story, I realize that one should be doing exactly what God has called. If he /she is being called into marketplace, then don't vie for ministry works. Likewise, the same in ministry. 

j) Having said that, in the case of Paul, he was a tentmaker by trade (Acts 18:3). It is not clear how much time was spent making tents versus doing ministry, but it was clear that tent-making was his occupation. We all have different opportunities and skills for entering marketplace ministry. God has determined this according to His will and we are only charged with His lead. Nevertheless, always strive for the primary call.

Comments